Five "junk foods" that are not bad for your health
When you hear about “junk food” you automatically think about something unhealthy. In the end, we can’t blame you! Most of the food nowadays is made from unhealthy ingredients that will harm your health, not to mention that they don’t provide any nutritional value. However, there are some “junk foods” that are not actually bad. Check them out!
- Pizza. Yes, that’s right, pizza is not unhealthy. Indeed, it has plenty of calories, but if you prepare in your kitchen and you are careful about the toppings you add, it might be a healthy meal. Start by removing the meat (not a good combination with carbs) and add as many vegetables as possible.
- French Fries. If there’s one thing that I can’t stay away from, that’s French Fries. I love them in any possible combination, but they are not exactly what my nutritionist would recommend. The solution? Cook them in the oven, with only a few spoons of olive oil.
- Chinese food. If you eat Chinese food often, it can cause you to gain weight. The ingredients are actually quite healthy, and if you refrain from the deep fried foods on the menu, you can have a healthy, nutritious meal.
- Chocolate pudding. If you love chocolate pudding but you don’t want to gain weight or eat too much sugar, you can prepare it at home using Chia seeds and Cocoa powder. It’s delicious, healthy and easy to make.
- Mozzarella sticks. These are truly delicious. Unfortunately, they have so many calories that it’s difficult to eat more than one without feeling guilty. To enjoy them and keep a healthy weight, you can replace the mozzarella with low-fat, vegetarian cheese.