Cooking with Bryan Digital Millennium Copyright Act:
This is intended to implement the procedures set forth in 17 U.S.C. Section 512 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) for the reporting of alleged copyright infringement. Users of any part of the cookingwithbryan.com website are required to respect the legal protections provided by applicable copyright law.
The DMCA requires that copyright infringement claims be in writing and include all of the following elements:
1. An electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on the owners behalf;
2. A description of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed;
3. A description of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit cookingwithbryan.com to locate the material;
4. Contact information for the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address;
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement that the information in the notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
If a notice fails to comply substantially with all the elements of notification listed above, but does substantially comply with items (2) (description of the copyrighted work), (3) (description of the material that the complaining party believes is infringing) and (4) (contact information for the complaining party), cookingwithbryan.com will promptly attempt to contact the complaining party or take other reasonable steps to assist in the receipt of a notification that substantially complies with all six of the elements of notification cited above. For instance, the cookingwithbryan.com may refer the complaining party to the provisions of the DMCA for information on the elements of proper notification. If the original notice substantially conforms or the complaining party sends the missing information, the cookingwithbryan.com will then proceed to notify the page owner, subscriber or other user of the allegation of infringement. The cookingwithbryan.com will secure voluntary takedown of the work or disable access to the work if the cookingwithbryan.com seeks to claim the liability limitations of the DMCA. However, the cookingwithbryan.com may wish to participate in a determination of whether fair use or some other exemption may apply.
If the complaining party does not respond and the notice remains non-conforming with respect to items (2), (3) and (4), the agent need not take action on the notice.
For more information about counter notifications, other grounds for removal of material, please contact us using our Contact Form.