Three healthy pasta dishes
Healthy Garden Pasta Salad
- 1 cup or bowl of pasta (gluten-free or whole wheat pasta)
- 1 can of chickpeas – rinsed thoroughly
- 2 cups of chopped raw fresh vegetables (carrot, pepper, broccoli, cucumber, tomatoes, etc.)
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ avocado
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Boil and cook the pasta.
- Run pasta under cold water, drain, and set aside.
- When cooled, add all the vegetable and the remaining ingredients to the pasta and toss to combine.
Pasta, Tofu and Vegetables
- 1 cup whole wheat pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup green peas
- ½ cup corn
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- Olive oil
- Boil and cook the pasta. Run under the cold water, drain, and set aside.
- Add olive oil, onion, and garlic to frying pan and sauté on medium heat for 5 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Add tofu and cook for another 5 minutes and add the remaining ingredients. Sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Now the delicious pasta is ready to eat.
Pasta with tomato and basil sauce
- 1 cup pasta
- Chopped tomatoes ( 400gm can or 5 tomatoes)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock powder
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tablespoon - tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Basil leaves
- Olive Oil
- Boil and cook the pasta. Run pasta under the cold water, drain, and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan, add garlic and sauté.
- Now add all the ingredients, except basil leaves.
- Cook on simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and mix well.
- Garnish with basil leaves.